The Dressie Law Firm:
Your Atlanta Rideshare Accident Attorney
Seeking justice after a rideshare accident? Dressie Law Firm, Atlanta Rideshare accident attorney, will fight tirelessly for your rightful compensation. Call now.
The Role of an Atlanta Rideshare Accident Lawyer
The emergence of ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft has transformed transportation in Atlanta and across the United States, offering undeniable convenience and innovative ways to get around. While these services have revolutionized the way we travel, not all rides go smoothly. Research indicates a 2 to 3% annual increase in fatal accidents in the United States attributable to ridesharing services.
Assume you are involved in a car accident with a rideshare driver, and it is determined that the driver is responsible. It is crucial that you understand that you are entitled to receive total, fair, and comprehensive compensation for your emotional, physical, and financial hardships as a result of the accident.
At the Dressie Law Firm, our team of experienced attorneys handles Uber and Lyft accident cases. We can provide the legal guidance you need when dealing with insurance companies and pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to support you during this challenging time.
Understanding Your Options After an Uber or Lyft Accident
In the wake of an Uber or Lyft accident, understanding your legal options and the compensation you may be entitled to is crucial. There are various liability claims and types of compensation available to victims.
Legal Options Following an Uber or Lyft Accident:
Victims of rideshare accidents have several potential legal avenues to explore, including:
- Negligence claims: Negligence arises from careless conduct resulting in significant harm to another party. In the context of a car crash, negligence can encompass actions like speeding or driving under the influence. The driver and the driver’s insurance company can face financial responsibility for injuries and losses in the event of a driver’s failure to exercise reasonable care.
- Vehicular assault charges: Beyond civil liability, an at-fault rideshare driver can also face criminal charges like vehicular assault. Victims have the option to file a vehicular assault lawsuit when a driver’s operation of a vehicle leads to serious bodily harm.
- Wrongful death liability claims: In the tragic event of losing a loved one due to the negligence of an Uber or Lyft driver, you may have the option to pursue a wrongful death liability claim.
Types of Compensation Following an Uber or Lyft Accident:
Compensation may be available to rideshare accident victims in several forms, including:
- Medical bills: Medical expenses related to injuries make up a large part of economic damages in car accident claims. Hospital stays, rehabilitation, therapy, medication, surgeries, and in-home treatment services all fall under this category.
- Loss of income: If an Uber or Lyft accident leaves victims temporarily or permanently unable to work, they can seek compensation for lost wages. Calculating lost income can be straightforward for temporary disability but complex for permanent disability. Experienced attorneys can enlist professionals to calculate future wage and earning capacity losses.
- Loss of consortium: Spouses impacted by a disability resulting from the accident may file a damages claim for loss of consortium, addressing the impact on their relationship.
- Pain and suffering: Georgia law permits car accident victims to pursue compensation for the pain and suffering from the accident.
- Loss of property: A rideshare accident victim may also be entitled to recover damages for the property losses they have suffered.
- Diminished quality of life: Certain injuries can result in lasting disabilities that impact one’s quality of life. Georgia’s tort law allows victims to seek damages for the reduced quality of life caused by a rideshare driver’s negligence.
Our experienced personal injury attorneys at Dressie Law Firm can help you understand your legal options and what compensation you may be entitled to.
Getting Help From Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys at the Dressie Law Firm
Our experienced personal injury attorney can provide practical advice on insurance coverage and compensation in rideshare accident cases. Here is how our team can help, along with the types of cases they handle:
Determining insurance coverage: Our attorney assesses your situation and determines the applicable insurance coverage based on the driver’s activity during the accident, whether they were offline, waiting for a ride, or picking up a passenger.
Maximizing compensation: Our goal is to maximize your compensation within the available insurance coverage limits by requesting funds from the personal insurance of the other driver and the rideshare driver if necessary.
Filing claims: You can rely on our attorney to assist you in filing claims with insurance companies, ensuring a smooth and efficient process.
Experienced guidance: With a focus on rideshare accident cases, our team provides tailored legal support to navigate the unique complexities of these accidents.
We can help you seek compensation regardless of whether you were a passenger or another driver in an accident with a rideshare driver.
Contact Us Today!
If you have experienced an Uber accident or have encountered challenges with rideshare drivers, seeking legal advice is crucial. In order to obtain compensation for your injuries, you’ll need to remember that Uber and Lyft drivers are often considered independent contractors.
We are experienced in handling rideshare accident cases and understand the legal status of riders. We can help you navigate the complex legal process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Your path to justice starts with a call. Call not to schedule a consultation with a Lyft accident attorney.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Sue a Rideshare Company?
Suing rideshare companies directly can be difficult due to their legal structures that limit their liability in accidents involving their drivers. They typically rely on their insurance policies and require drivers to have their own coverage. For instance, Uber provides insurance with a million-dollar limit, usually sufficient for most cases. We are ready to aggressively pursue fair compensation for you if you require more.
Are There Specific Legal Considerations for Underage Rideshare Accident Victims in Georgia?
No, Georgia law treats all rideshare accident victims equally, regardless of age. Thus, there are no specific considerations for victims under 18.
The Dressie Law Firm Can Help You
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation!