Filing the Claim:
- Consult a personal injury attorney for legal guidance and assistance.
- Inform the at-fault driver’s car insurance company as soon as possible about the accident.
- Calculate your damages, including future medical expenses.
- Prepare and file a demand letter with the at-fault driver’s car insurance company along with all the evidence you have, including the police report, records of vehicle repairs, medical bills, rental car expenses, and other accident-related costs.
- The insurance company will assign an adjuster who will investigate your case. Having an attorney who will investigate your case on your behalf is crucial to ensure the most favorable outcomes.
Negotiating with Insurance Companies:
- As tempting as it might be, don’t accept the first offer. Insurance companies will likely lowball you, so evaluate the offer carefully.
- Document all communication with the insurance company, including the names of the insurance adjusters assigned to your case.
- Don’t sign anything without the presence of an attorney: Review all documents carefully, especially those releasing the insurer from further obligations.
An experienced Atlanta car accident lawyer understands the settlement process and can negotiate effectively on your behalf. They know the value of your claim and can build a solid case to support it.
Dressie Law Firm Can Help You
At Dressie Law Firm, we know that understanding the specific laws and legal processes in Atlanta is crucial for a successful outcome. That is why our team is committed to providing auto accident victims like you with the tailored legal assistance you need to prevail.
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, don’t navigate the complexities of Atlanta’s auto insurance claims alone. Reach out to Dressie Law Firm today for a free consultation.
The Dressie Law Firm Can Help You
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation!